THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

2.08.2009

Introducing Kendra Wohlgemuth Hernández

Hello! I'm Kendra and for no specific reason I have been holding out on being a contributor to this blog. However I feel that I can no longer resist, so here I am!

I had to throw my maiden name in the title because every so often I miss it. I got an email today addressed to Kendra Wohlgemuth (I dare you to try and pronounce it!) and I'm feeling a little nostalgic. Anyway, for the basic background details on me: I was born in Washington DC, the youngest of 7 kids. My dad worked for the State Department/Embassy - whatever you want to call it and when I was 18 months old we moved to Pakistan. After Pakistan, I lived in Italy, India, Germany, Jordan and I graduated from high school in Belgium. I went to BYU and graduated with a BA in Linguistics in 2003. Also at BYU, I met Exequiel Hernandez Ferrando, commonly known as Zeke and we were married on July 30, 2002. Zeke is from Uruguay - we both definitely have the travelling bug! We would both love to live overseas someday, but who knows.

We currently live in Minneapolis while Zeke works on his PhD in Business Strategy at the U of MN (only 2 1/2 years to go!). We have two boys: Lucas (4 1/2) and Matias (almost 16 months). I love being able to stay home with my boys and be a mom but I also find plenty of things to do on the side. One of my favorite things I'm able to do is teach piano lessons because I can do it out of my home.

10 comments:

Bridget said...

Yeah for Kendra! It's so great to have you on here!

Cassi said...

Welcome Kendra!! We're glad you finally gave in! :)

Oesterle Family said...

Hey! How are you doing? Send me an invite to your blog
noesterle@gmail.com

Jill said...

Wait...your last name is supposed to be Ferrando?

Chalece said...

Hi Kendra!! So glad you joined!

kwh said...

To answer Jill's question, in Uruguay children take both their parent's last names. So in Uruguay, he's officially known as Exequiel Hernandez Ferrando. Since we don't have that tradition in the US, he's legally known here as just Exequiel Hernandez. Kind of confusing... And wouldn't it be funny if my kids had to take my last name? Lucas Hernandez Wohlgemuth - what a mouthful!

Cassi said...

So Kendra... how is Wohlgemuth pronounced? Can ya break it down? Is it like it looks, Wool-ge-muth??

Letti said...

Welcome Kendra, It sounds like you have done and seen some pretty amazing things. I look forward to learning from you.

The Mortensens said...

Welcome welcome Kendra! I'm glad your last name is not wholga.... something. Hernandez is much easier. I hope that someday being a part of this blog, you will show/tell us all how to make alfajores! MMMMMM

kwh said...

Since I can't use IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) on a keyboard, the closest pronunciation guide for Wohlgemuth is:

Woll (rhymes with Roll) - Gu (the us is as in 'up') - Mooth (rhymes with tooth)

All together: Woll-Gu-Mooth

What a mouthful huh?! Not fun when you're little and trying to say your name - AND my mom was a 3rd grade teacher and she made her kids say Mrs. Wohlgemuth instead of Mrs. W or something - those poor kids.