THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

1.24.2010

The New(est) Girl

Hi there! My name is Evelyn Perkins and I am excited to join The Mommy Diaries as a contributor. I have been following for awhile and love the sense of community found here. Hopefully, I can add a few new insights, ideas, and recipes.

My family is originally from the great state of Idaho, but transplanted to Arizona two years ago for my husband's job. One day we'll learn to love the real desert, but for now we miss our family, home, and potatoes.

Clayton works as an instructor for a technical institute and I stay at home with our three kiddos. He loves watching sports, eating out, and exploring back roads. I enjoy blogging (http://cedelperkins.blogspot.com), music, and paper crafts. I am trying to get to the point where I enjoy running. Haha!

Deacon just turned five and LOVES preschool, soy milk, and anything with wheels. Eliza is three and a half and rarely seen without her bear tucked under her arm. She has a thing for ponies. Lydia (18 months) is our little third-time-is-the-charm baby. She is our only blondie and the biggest cuddler.

We like to travel home as often as possible, eat, go on walks, read, and play at the park. Our life is very much in toddler/preschooler mode. Sometimes it's hard not to eagerly look forward to the days when our children will be more independent. We certainly love the moments, milestones, and miracles we get to see everyday and hope they don't pass too quickly.

I'm excited to be here and look forward to connecting with other moms out there!

6 comments:

Cannwin said...

You did not just associate Idaho with potatoes. That's like the cardinal rule of transplanting, never associate Idaho with potatoes. ;)

It's fun to see you over here! May your posting be more frequent than mine.

Shelly said...

Welcome!! I saw you mentioned your son drinks soy milk. I was the one that posted about the milk allergy. I would love it if you would email me with all your wise experience in dealing with this. eggshelly@yahoo.com

Shae said...

Welcome! My husband is from Idaho and in the three states we've lived in I've yet to find potatoes as good as they have there.

Glad to have you contribute!

Bridget said...

Welcome! What a cute family - I love the picture!

Evelyn said...

Sorry cannwin! Couldn't resist! We get teased constantly about our potatoes, but you have to admit: they are the best! :)

Shelly- I'm not sure how wise I am, but I'll try.

Thanks for welcoming me everybody! I feel so...welcome! :)

Cassi said...

Welcome!! We are so excited to have a new author! And can't wait to get to know you! I'm from AZ and miss it there! You'll love it soon enough! :)