THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

2.04.2010

Hi, I'm Debra

I was introduced to Mommy Diaries by my fabulous friend, Bridget. I am grateful to be an author here and to learn from all of you!

A little about me. I am a mom to a 1-year-old girl who is the sunshine in my life. She is the world's pickiest eater (seriously she lives on vanilla wafers,) and so a lot of my exploits and recipes come from trying to get her to eat. I spend almost all of my time as a stay at home mom.

I am a professional photographer who used to support her family but now just does it as a side job to be able to stay home with her little girl. My business Joyous Moments Photography now is just a hobby that I love.

We live in very, very South Texas. My husband teaches 6th grade science at a middle school that you can see the Mexican border from. We stick out like sore thumbs down here but we love the culture and the sense of family (and the Gulf of Mexico being so close helps too.)
I am an avid blogger and I write children's books that I have always been too scared to publish for anyone other than my little girl. I have a degree in print/photo journalism from Utah State and I bleed Aggie blue.

Things I love:
Photography, Blogging, Writing, Cooking, Crafting, digital scrapbooking, Family History, The Church (I am a sunbeam teacher!), Web Design.

Things I hate:
People who think stay at home moms just sit around all day, ironing and sweeping my floors.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Yay, yay, yay! You're perfect for this blog because you have amazing ideas and delicious recipes (I forgot to tell you that we love your Easy Cheesy Chicken). Anyways, maybe you can make up for my blogging hiatus of late. Welcome!

Evelyn said...

Yea! I'm not the "new girl" anymore! Looking forward to getting to know you! Love the bottom pic of your baby. So sweet!

Shae said...

Welcome! Your daughter is adorable!

Shelly said...

Welcome Debra! Love your blog. You have great posting ideas. You also read alot! That's great.

Cassi said...

Welcome Debra!! We are excited to get to know you!
I love your "things you hate" comment. I totally agree!

The Paynes said...

That's right, I never iron! Welcome fellow Texan!