- Ten In A Bed Action poem (you can find other great ideas here... http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/counting-theme.htm)
There were ten in a bed and the little one said, "Roll over, roll over." (do arms rolling motion)
So they all rolled over and one fell out.
There were nine in the bed and the little one said, "Roll over, roll over." So they all rolled over and one fell out....
(This is repeated until you get to the number one. Each time "roll over" is said, rolling motion is dramatized.)
There was one in the bed and the little one said, "Good night!"
- 5 little monkeys book or 10 Little Ladybugs
- When she was first learning to count, we'd count everything...stairs we were going down, number of pretzels she was eating, etc.
- Spaghetti play (or string, or pipe cleaners)..now that she is learning how to read numbers we practice making them with these things. I've also practiced with her by writing them on her magna doodle.
- Playing Hide and Seek...she loves this game and I realized it helped her a ton as she learned to count to 20 and beyond.
THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES
Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup
Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!
...as easy as 1,2,3
My daughter has always loved songs, reading and games (like every other toddler, right?) so here are a few examples of what we do to reinforce numbers.