This is simple, and uses readily available items. I've seen it listed in magazines and it is a nice alternative to pumpkin pie when you want to feel festive but not bother making pie crust!
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 package butter recipe yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
¾ cup melted margarine or butter
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Beat together pumpkin, milk, eggs, and spices with a wire whisk in a large bowl. Pour into pan.
3. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Pour melted butter evenly on top of dessert.
4. Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is cooked through. Cool.
5. Serve warm or chilled with fresh whipped cream.