THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

11.19.2009

Fresh Corn and Wild Rice

Okay I've been a little MIA for a few weeks... or months. Things are not really settling down, but I'm trying to get back to the things I did before baby #2. Yes, yes I know, I sound wimpy because there are moms out there who have 3, 4, even 5 kids and have an easier time getting back on their feet. But, I have a bit of a special circumstance.....

Here's my thanksgiving side dish, from none other than the PIONEER WOMAN. I love this lady, and I made this corn side dish last year and it was a HUGE hit, I LOVED it, and can't wait to make it again this year.... maybe, if I get around to it. :)

Here it is:

Fresh Corn and Wild Rice 

Ingredients

Directions


  1. 1
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  2. 2
    Cook wild rice in chicken broth until almost done. Rice should still have a firm (but not crunchy) bite. Drain rice and allow to cool.

  3. 3
    Scrape corn kernels into a large mixing bowl. Add in cream, butter, beaten eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir together.

  4. 4
    Add in cooled wild rice, stirring gently. Splash in milk so that mixture is stirrable, but not overly juicy.

  5. 5
    Taste for seasonings, adding more salt or cayenne pepper if needed.

  6. 6
    Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until just turning golden brown on top and mixture is somewhat set.

1 comment:

Shae said...

Kara...don't think only having "two" makes it any easier than having 3,4 or 5! I had a hard time with the jump from 1 to 2 also...I felt like I disappeared off the earth for a whole year! I'm amazed at how much you are doing!

I love PW too! Wish she would come cook my Thanksgiving dinner for me this year!