THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

3.07.2009

Buttery Herb Pull-Aparts

I made these for a Baby Shower today and they were yummy and REALLY easy. The recipe is stolen from a woman in my ward who stole it from someone else....who probably stole it from someone else.
1 pkg. Rhodes White Dinner Rolls (they don't have these here so I used Bridgeport)
1/4 c. butter, melted (or however much you want)
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes (I didn't measure this, I just sprinkled it until they looked pretty)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
2 T. Parmesan cheese (I used real shredded parm--not the green can of yuck!)
1/4 c. grated mozzarella cheese
About 3-4 hours before baking thaw rolls on a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Thaw rolls until soft, but still cold. I cheated on this part and just put the rolls still in the package into the fridge the night before to thaw. Cut rolls in half (or fourths if you do it in a mini muffin tin...which I highly recommend because everything is cuter when it's smaller.) Roll each piece into a ball and place 3 balls in each cup of a muffin tin (also sprayed with cooking spray.) Cover rolls loosely with sprayed plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size (this took about an hour...but I do live in FL.) Drizzle butter over rolls and sprinkle with parsley, garlic, parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Next time I don't think I'll measure anything...it's that foolproof.

3 comments:

Cassi said...

Yum! These sound really good! And I love Rhodes Rolls! :)

Letti said...

Yum. Now these are my kind of roll. I can't wait to make these. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

The Mortensens said...

Yummy, I really want to try these!