THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

8.12.2008

Easy Manacotti

This recipe was given to me by a member of my new ward here in Charlottesville. I have only made it once so far and we really liked it. It got a little messy in the prep, I think it was mostly because It was my first time. It is a pretty simple recipe to make!

Manacotti

2 C Mozzarella cheese (keep 1/2 C for the top)
16 oz. Cottage cheese
1 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach (defrost in microwave and dry with paper towel)
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
crushed red pepper (to taste)

Puree above ingredients until smooth (or just hand stir). Place in a big ziploc bag. Cut corner of bag and squeeze into uncooked manacotti shells. Place in 9"x13" baking dish.

You will use one whole package of manacotti shells.

on top pour:
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 C water

Sprinkle 1/2 C mozzarella cheese on top of sauce. Cover tight with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hr or until shells are cooked.

Remove foil to melt cheese, about 10 min.
Serve with bread and a salad.

(This can be frozen well for a make-a-head meal. Just place plastic wrap then foil over the dish to keep fresh. You may have to increase baking time. remember to remove plastic wrap before cooking.)

1 comment:

Cassi said...

Yum! I love manicotti! I'll have to try this out. I like the squeezing it out of a bag idea! The one time I made manicotti I broke a ton of shells just from spooning the stuff in!