THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

1.20.2009

Princess Pasta

I noticed the ingredient this week was parmesan and thought it's about time I posted something on here, so here we go. This is a really yummy dish that a friend mad and since it's simple to make I have loved it ever since. My husband and I enjoy it a lot and there are hardly leftovers. A good side dish for this is some steamed broccoli with lemon. On little side note is that I do not like mushrooms so I don't add them and sometimes I do not have minced onion or parsley on hand so I leave those out and it's still pretty good.

Ingredients:
2 T butter
1 T minced onion
4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/8 t salt
4 oz. ham, cut in thin strips
1 T fresh parsley, minced
1 pound short pasta such as penne
½ pint whipping cream
1 c grated Parmesan cheese

Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add onion and sauté it until soft and white. Add mushrooms and salt. When mushrooms are done, stir in the ham and parsley. Remove the skillet from the stove. Cook the pasta and drain completely (do not rinse). Return the pasta
to its pot on medium high heat. Pour in the cream. Stir the pasta until the cream begins to bubble. Add 3/4 cup of the cheese. Blend well and remove the pot from the heat source. Stir in the ham mixture, holding some back for topping. Put the pasta in a serving dish, scraping cream from the sides of the pan. Sprinkle the pasta with remaining cheese and arrange the ham topping in the center. Garnish the pasta with parsley. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jill said...

This sounds so good! I love new pasta dishes. My only question is: Why is it called Princess Pasta? Will my kids finally do all my bidding if I make and eat this? It is worth a shot!

Cassi said...

I've had this before and it is really good!

Tyler and Ericka said...

That's a funny comment Jill. I don't know why it's called princess pasta, maybe the pink ham on the white pasta and cheese has something to do with it.