THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

7.11.2009

Potty Training!

**** Calling all moms! *****
I'm embarking on the wonderful journey (again) of potty training!! With my oldest daughter, it was a wretched experience, and I don't want it to be that way with my younger one. I'm pretty sure she's ready (as she keeps removing her diaper and trying to put on her big sister's under-oos!) but she's not quite getting it. I want it to be a good/fun experience, so I'm hoping for some specific ideas/tricks that you all used to conquer this beastly milestone!!! Thanks, mommies!!

5 comments:

Aimee Sommer said...

we just got my 2.5yr olf potty trained! were on 2 weeks now! What worked for me is she ran around with no bottoms on at all for a few days.. I sat her on the potty every 20 minutes, i put her potty in front of the tv so she would sit there long enough to go pee and not get bored! Her reward was gummy bears and she also was bribed with build a bear when she didn't have any accidents. She had 2 accidents the first day and none after that.. I just kept taking her and reminding her! its a lot of work! good luck

Shae said...

I'm not looking forward to potty training my son...but my daughter was a breeze. We went to the store and picked out a princess toilet seat...bought fun new underwear and had her throw all of her diapers away in a garbage bag (that of course I kept...diapers are expensive!!) We let her email Elmo (my husband) after she used the bathroom to tell him all about it and he would respond with a picture of Elmo and a congratulatoy statement. She got very excited about this. I think it also helped that whenever she played with her already-potty-trained-friend Rachel she would use the bathroom at her house...thanks Bridget!! I still think you basically potty trained Kara for me :) Good luck!!

Heathere Willoughby said...

When we had a doctors appointment the doctor had an 'underwear' talk with my son. I've had the talk with him many times, but somehow the talk coming from the doctor stuck... We got home from the doctor and he wanted to wear his underwear. We tried the reward system as well - magnets, money, you name it - but nothing worked until we tried chocolate chips.....

Dani said...

I am about to start this process with my 2 year old daughter, and I am really nervous! Thanks for all the great tips! Sorry I have nothing to add yet, but hopefully I will soon...

Anonymous said...

Try the towel potty training method.