THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

7.04.2009

Strawberry/Raspberry Cream Cupcakes

Everyone loves a good cupcake, except for me. I really don't like cupcakes or cakes for some reason, so the fact that I LOVE these cupcakes should tell you how good they are. They remind me of strawberry shortcake but better. This recipe is from the show Every Day Italian that's on Food Network, but I edited it a bit because I like to make them a tiny bit different. They are delicious!!!
Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.25 oz) box white cake mix
  • 1 1/3 c water
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 2 tsp almond extract
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 (6 oz) container raspberries, cut in half
  • 1/2 container fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
  • 1 c heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 c powdered sugar
Directions:
Line 18 muffin cups with muffin papers. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, egg whites, melted butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until batter is well blended. Using about 1/3 c of batter for each cupcake, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake the cupcakes until they are very pale golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely on a cooling rack.
Using a fork, coarsely mash the raspberries and strawberries in a medium bowl (not too runny!). Beat the cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl (for a while) until firm peaks form. Fold the mashed fruit into the whipped cream.
Spoon the cream atop the cupcakes. Keep in fridge until you serve them! Enjoy!!!
PS: I have a picture of what they look like that I will post later on, don't have my camera cord right now.

1 comment:

The Paynes said...

I use this recipe too! And they are sooo good. Thanks!