THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

12.21.2007

Mmmmm Turtles



These are a traditional Christmas treat in my family. It is my Great Grandma Beatrice's recipe. It is fabulous. One recipe made 3 cookie sheets worth of turtles.

Grease (very well) cookie sheets and place halved pecans about 1 and 1/2 inches apart. DO THAT PART FIRST.

Heat one stick butter, 1 cup white Karo Syrup, and 2 cups sugar, bring to a boil then add 1 12-oz can of evaporated milk. Cook to firm ball stage (244 degrees), I use a candy thermomater. It takes a while but you have to stir constantly.

Use a teaspoon ( I used a tablespoon, mmm more carmel) and poor over each pecan. Do this quickly because it sets up fast.

Then melt milk chocolate, chocolate chips and put 1/2 tsp, (I used 1/2 tablespoon) on top of carmel. The chocolate is like the turtles back. Eat and enjoy!! These are the best, I took some of these around to my Aunts and grandfather and they were happy to see Great Grandma's turtles. :)

No comments: