THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

1.19.2008

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

Well I thought cheese would be an easy ingredient but maybe everyone is just busy this week!
But here's my cheese recipe. We all love this and you can pretty much use any kind of cheese. We've always just done swiss since that's how cordon bleu usually is.

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
Skinless/boneless chicken breasts (as many as desired)
Ham slices- ½ size of chicken breasts (same number)
Cheese slices- whatever kind your family likes
Melted butter
1 C bread crumbs
½ C Parmesan cheese
2 T dried parsley

Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley together. Flatten Chicken breasts. Lay a slice of ham and cheese on each breast. Roll up (you can use a toothpick to keep chicken from unrolling) and dip in butter and roll in the bread crumb mixture. Lay in 9x13 pan. These are pretty big left whole so I cut them in half at this point. Bake

Temp- 350 degrees
Bake Time- 40-45 min

3 comments:

The Mortensens said...

This sounds really yummy, I'm going to try it for sure! Sorry I've been a slacker at posting, I always think about it, then something distracts me. I promise to do better. I think my problem with cheese is that I eat cheese with almost everything! We love cheese! I'll think of something though!

Anna said...

that sounds so good, it will definatly make my dinner menu this week.

Chalece said...

I just made this today and it was fabulous. Rob gave it 5 stars! And it was so easy. I love this recipe. Thanks Cassi.