THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

1.07.2008

Planning Meals

The easiest way for me to plan meals is to sit down once or twice a month and plan about 2-3 weeks at a time. I keep a calendar on my fridge and I usually plan 4-5 meals a week, write them down on specific days (or just list them), then I grocery shop once a week for the stuff I need. One thing that makes it really easy is planning a theme for each night. For example, we always have pizza on Friday nights, and at least once soup a week.

If you want it really easy, go to familyfun.com and print out this "month of meals" calendar. It has the whole meal, plus sides, and you just click on the meal to get all the recipes. I think they even have a grocery list already made up for you. I've found lots of great meals from here, and of course, it changes monthly! Good luck!

1 comment:

Cassi said...

I kind of do this same thing. I write out about 10 meals to have over 2 weeks and then go get all the stuff for them.
I also have a list of all the meals my family likes so I can just pick right off of that instead of having to remember all of them or going through all my recipes every time.