THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

7.08.2008

Breakfast Casserole

I think every time I post a recipe I say how much I love it. I'm pretty sure I just love food in general, so I'll stop saying that.... here's a good recipe though! My sister taught me to keep all the ends of my bread (we don't eat those for some wierd reason) in my fridge to use for stuff like this, or to feed to ducks, or to make frech toast with. So, I think I'll start doing that, I usually just chuck the ends, but now I'll just shove them in the back of my fridge for awhile :)

Egg and Sausage Casserole
1 doz. Eggs
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
2 c. milk (1 ½ c. w/ eggs; ½ c. with soup.)
1 lb. Sausage
¾ t. dry mustard
½ medium onion
1 can mushroom soup
salt & pepper
sliced bread (cut off crusts then butter and cube.)

Place buttered bread cubes in 9 x 13 pan. (Use enough to cover pan.) Brown sausage and onion in saucepan. Pour on top of bread cubes. Sprinkle w/ grated cheese. Beat eggs w/1 ½ c. milk. Add dry mustard and salt and pepper. Pour over cheese. Cover and let sit in refrigerator overnight. Mix soup w/1/2 c. milk . Pour over casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 ½ hours

1 comment:

Letti said...

This does sound good. I will have to give it a try.