THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

7.01.2008

Homemade BBQ sauce

I may have posted this before, so if I have, sorry! We eat this bbq sauce on everything, it is delicious, and easy! We use it for pulled meat (chicken, pork) sandwiches, with beans, liked baked beans, on pizza (bbq chicken pizza), meatball sandwiches, and it can even be frozen.

BBQ Sauce

1 32 oz. bottle of ketchup
1 cup water
1/4 cup prepared mustard (I like to use spicy brown, but any kind works)
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 TB dried minced onion
2 TB liquid smoke

Mix all together in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes (I usually do like 10 minutes or so). Sauce can be stored in the refridgerator for weeks or may be frozen.

PS - when I make Cafe Rio salad, I do a pork roast, shred it, and then put this bbq sauce on it. It is delicious!!!

No comments: