THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

12.23.2008

Tricks of the Trade--The True Meaning

Wahoo! I didn't know I had the topic. Are there two Shelly's??
Anyway, I don't really know much about this. My son is not quite two yet and this is his second Christmas. He is still under the understanding that Christmas is all about the Christmas tree, the lights and the fun music. No expectations, no disappointments. Next year will be another story, but we are enjoying this while we can.
But on the cover of the Ensign is the manger scene that we look at a lot and always point out Baby Jesus. I have about 7 or 8 Nativity sets up all over the house and a big advent calendar on the wall. I keep the ones he can play with low and the ones I don't want touched, obviously, up high. We went caroling last night, wishing friends and neighbors Merry Christmas. As our family is just starting, the traditions are also just starting. Growing up, my most favorite memories of Christmas were the ones where we, as a family, gave to another family (especially secretly). I hope to keep those traditions.

2 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Wow sounds like an amazing time. Thanks for sharing your day and helping me get back on track with the true meaning :). Hugs

molly and geoff archibald said...

totally offtopic but i somehow got kicked off the blog! cassi/shalee/powers that be, can i come back please?