This creamy, wine infused dish makes a romantic dinner. Served over pasta, and filled with tender chicken and sauteed mushrooms, it is a great all in one meal when served with a salad. It takes a bit of work, but tastes restaurant quality.
6 tablespoons butter, divided
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
¾ cup heavy cream
6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
¾ cup Marsala wine, divided
¼ tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (12 oz) box cooked linguini pasta
1. Melt 4 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until halfway done and golden brown on both sides, about 4-7 minutes each side. When browned, remove chicken to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set skillet aside, reserving drippings.
2. In a separate skillet, melt the 2 remaining Tbsp butter over medium high heat and sauté mushrooms. Add ¼ cup of the wine and stir; let reduce over low heat for 5 minutes. Set mushrooms and drippings aside, keeping warm.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Add both cream soups to reserved chicken drippings. Mix soups well with drippings till no lumps remain. Heat skillet back to medium high heat. Slowly add cream, stirring constantly. Add remaining wine and rosemary and thyme. Simmer till bubbly, then add mushrooms and stir.
5. Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes.
6. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add a little butter or oil to prevent sticking.
7. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.