THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

4.24.2008

Time to Fess Up

Okay, don't get mad, I know it is a little early to be revealing my secrets, but I am anxiously awaiting my new little niece to be born, and could be out of town any second. So, I thought I would hurry and do this now, while I have a moment. Oh, and it has been like 3 days since there's been any action on my post....

Here goes:
1 - I HAVE sat on the prophet's lap. When I was 6, my family lived in Jerusalem while my dad taught at the BYU center. President Hunter came to speak and we got to eat and talk with him. Since I was so little, he patted his leg, and told me to get right up and sit on his lap for a minute. He was so sweet, I will never forget that, even though I was only 6. He was in a wheel chair at the time, but still so loving and caring and full of life!

2 - I have been put under 5 times. Two for accidents involving my shoulder dislocation, once for surgery on the shoulder, once for mouth surgery, and once last fall when I had my gall bladder taken out. I know, I sound like I'm falling apart! And I'm only 25... geeesh

3 - You were all right, RUNNING is NOT my thang. Okay, let me explain. When I run, I curse every step, I LOATHE it, I can't stand it, and it takes every ounce of determination I have to keep going to make it worth my time. BUT, when I get home, I LOVE the way my body feels. Running is the best cardio for me, because I have to push myself, and that is exactly why I hate it. So, when I get home I usually tell myself, I'm never doing that again.... until a few days later when I say "I should go running, it is such a nice morning..." Please, somebody help me! I think I'm going crazy.

Swimming laps, or doing a kickboxing class, is much more my cup of tea when it comes to excersize... that's if I actually encourage myself enough to GO do it. Most days, working out involves running around my house chasing a two year old, cleaning, and eating lots of sweets (it's a serious jaw workout).

4 - I DID win an award at a half-time show. Are you all laughing at me? You will be in just a moment... read on, this is good. My friends and I decided to take a trip to San Diego for Spring Break freshman year of college. Of course we also wanted to follow our beloved Aggies to the NCAA championship. So, the night of the game, we got there EARLY, got seats RIGHT in the front and enjoyed the game. Until this man walks over to me and my friend and says "we need a little help with our halftime show, do you want to help out?" Of course I said "No way - sorry" But my sweet friend said "I think you should do it Kara, it would be fun..." I am a wuss (sp? - I don't think I've ever written that word before) when it comes to peer pressure. So I did it. I had to dribble a basketball to the free throw line, back, half court, back, the other free throw line, back, then shoot, and make a basket all before another girl did. So, as I'm dribbling away, feeling pretty good about myself (the other girl must have been peer pressured too), because I was winning, and on the home stretch, I suddenly tripped, flat on my face, lost the ball, and thought I was going to die. Well, I didn't die, someone from the sidelines chucked me my ball, and I shot it, and it went in and I won the award - dadaDA! A 250$ watch. Lame, huh? I was so bugged, I put myself through 5 minutes of complete shame and embarassment for a watch that didn't even fit. I think I ended up trying to pawn it, but no one would take it, so I gave it to my mom - she still wears it, with pride.

So folks - that's me! Please don't ridicule my pathetic life. I can't wait to tell Will my stories of my wild and roudy days of basketball... and college.

2 comments:

Cassi said...

Haha, Kara those stories were great! Especially the award one! I can picture the whole thing! :)

But... who do you tag???

Shelly said...

Kara, you are so awesome. You life is not lame or pathetic, whatever you said. I look up to you so much!