THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

9.30.2008

My Sister's Sandwiches

I don't know the real name of the sandwhich, I just have it in my recipe box with my sister's name on it. Either way, it is delicious!! We LOVE these! These are great for get togethers too!

1 can chopped olives
1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cumin

mix those three together

1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. mayo
1/3 c. sour cream
1/3 c. green onions (we leave these out)

mix all the above plus the other mixture

Slice french bread into about 8 slices. Spread 1/2 the mix on all the slices, then layer with deli sliced turkey, a slice of tomato, then spread on the other half of the mix. Then layer with slices of avocado or guacamole dip, then a slice of monterey jack cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until they look nice and bubbly. Sometimes I put them under the broiler for a couple minutes at the end. They are messy, but good!!!

No comments: