THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

9.12.2008

Sin

This stuff if very addicting! That's probably why it's called Sin. It's SO good though! A lot of you may have tasted it, I've seen it a few times at church parties. This recipe obviously makes a TON so if you just want to make it for your family you might want to 1/4 everything!

Sin

1 large box Golden Graham cereal
1 large box Crispix cereal
1 large pkg coconut
1 lb. silvered almonds
3 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups light Karo syrup

Mix cereals, coconut and almonds in large bowl. Set aside. Melt butter in a pot, add sugar and Karo syrup and bring to a boil. Let boil for 4-5 min. Pour over cereal and mix well. Pour on cookie sheets to let cool. Try not to eat the whole bowl by yourself! :)

2 comments:

Heathere Willoughby said...

This sounds great! But when you say 3 'cubes' of butter, do you mean 3 Tbsp, 3 sticks, or something else? I definately don't want to throw in 3 sticks if it only needs 3 Tbsp (or vice versa). Thanks!

Cassi said...

Well... I'm not sure what exactly a cube means. When I made it I assumed it meant sticks and it turned out perfect. SO I'll change it to sticks so it doesn't confuse anyone. I know... that's a lot of butter, but it makes a ton! I made it for an activity and halfed the recipe and and still had a huge bowl full!