THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES
Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup
Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!
"Food For Tots"
I don't know if I've posted about this cookbook before. I love this book and my aunt is the illustrator of all the cute little pictures inside. Some of my regular favorites include the Mac-n-cheese, Baked Fries, and the Puffy Apple Pancake:
Puffy Apple Pancake (similar to German Pancake)
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2 med. apples
3 Tbl. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
*powdered sugar (optional)
1. Set oven to 425.
2. Put butter into a 9-10 inch frying pan and place in oven until butter is just melted, not browned.
3. While butter is melting, peel and core apples and cut then into thin slices.
4. Remove pan from oven, add sugar and cinnamon to the melted butter and stir in the sliced apples.
5. Return pan to oven for about 3 min.
6. In a blender, whip eggs and milk at high speed for 1 min. Set blender to low speed and slowly add the flour until well blended.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and pour egg batter over the butter and apples.
8. Bake for 20-25 min. or until the pancake is raised and golden brown.
9. Serve immediately and enjoy! Cut in wedges and dust with powdered sugar. Good with a dollop of applesauce and fresh whipped cream too!