THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

3.11.2008

Banana Nut Bread/Muffins





(not my pictures--thanks Google images)


I recently had a bunch of bananas leftover from a Primary activity. The recipe taken from an old school "Mormon Country Cooking" (1980) book says "bread" but I wanted muffins so I just followed the recipe and poured into muffin pans instead. I had to adjust the cooking time from 75 min to about 30-35 min.

Banana Nut Bread or Muffins
4 eggs
5 large, ripe bananas
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
4 cups sifted flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup walnuts, coarsely broken

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In large bowl, beat eggs until thick; add bananas and beat until smooth and liquid. In another bowl, cream together shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add sugar mixture to egg-banana mixture and beat. Sift flour, soda, and salt; add to mixture. Stir in walnuts. For bread: bake in two well greased loaf pans for 75 min. For muffins: line muffin tin with cups and bake for 25-35 min (ish). (Watch this time because I was just guessing.)

I'm eating one, make that two, right now, Yum! And Charlie loves them.

1 comment:

Cassi said...

I have this exact same recipe and it is sooo good! Hm... now I'll have to find another bread recipe to put up, haha!