THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

3.26.2008

Mango Chicken Kebabs

I got this recipe from a friend. I tried it out and my husband and I really liked it! So if she reads this blog I hope she doesn't mind me putting it up here! :)

Mango Chicken Kebabs
1 ¼ lb chicken
Finely grated rind of lime
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 mangoes, peeled and cubed
Directions:
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and place in a bowl with the lime rind and juice, vinegar, sugar and cinnamon. Toss well, cover and leave to stand for 1 hour.
2. Save the juice and thread the chicken on to four wooden skewers, alternating with the mango cubes.
3. Cook the skewers under a hot grill or barbecue for 10 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the juices, until the chicken is tender and golden brown.
4. Serve with rice and salad.

No comments: