THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

3.20.2008

Strawberry Spinach Salad

This is my most favorite salad! It definitely has a green ingredient and it would be a great Easter side dish if you can find some good strawberries! :)

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

Salad:
2 bunches fresh spinach, broken into pieces (or I take the easy way out and buy a bag of baby spinach from the grocery store)
1 pint strawberries, quartered
2 green onions, chopped (optional)

Dressing:
½ C sugar
½ C oil
¼ C cider vinegar
1 T poppy seeds
¾ tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp. paprika

Mix salad ingredients together in large bowl. Blend the dressing ingredients on high speed until well mixed and pour over salad right before serving. (if you do this too early the spinach will wilt.)

1 comment:

Letti said...

This is one of my favorite salads too. I can eat the whole thing all by myself...lol