THIS MONTH ON MOMMY DIARIES

Ingredient of the month: Cream of Chicken Soup

Do you want to be our newest author? Click here!

5.19.2008

Lisey's Alfredo

This may not seem like something that I would make when there is nothing else, but for some strange reason I always have parmesan cheese in my freezer and cream in my fridge.
Lisey's Alfredo
Serves 4 (I usually triple the sauce recipe and double the noodles because we like it creamy. We also use bowtie pasta or even elbow macaroni because it is easier for the kids)
Cook 4 oz fettuccini noodles until tender in boiling water. Add 1 tsp oil to the water so the noodles don't stick together. Drain noodles and set aside.
In a saucepan combine:
1/4 C. Butter
1/2 C. cream
1 tsp. Parsley flakes
1/8 tsp Salt.
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg (I don't use this because I don't like it)
1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese
Bring to low boil, simmer for 4-5 min. Toss noodles with sauce vigorously, serve warm :)
I like to also add a grilled chicken breast or 2 and some cooked broccoli for a well rounded meal

No comments: